Re: Creating user bug ???

From: Komix Hui <huikomix_at_dt.com.hk>
Date: 1997/02/17

AlBeRt tHe GoD wrote:

> I am running Oracle 7.3.2.2 on hpux 10.10, I have created a user without setting the quota
> limits, and I can still create objects, this is not suppose to happen -- therefore I investigated the
> problem and found out the Oracle defaults to 'unlimited tablespace ' on everything when I create a user,
> so I revoke the privilege from the user and set a quota of 0m for the user default tablespace, the problem
> here is I can still create objects, so what is the deal ?

I do not think your problem is on the Oracle side. When one creates an Oracle user and grant role 'resource'
to a user, this user is granted unlimited tablespace impliedly, (this is the backward compatibility of role
'resource').

So it is better that a DBA creates a role which includes all system privileges the oracle default roles
'CONNECT','RESOURCE' have. This role can be granted to a newly created user instead of 'CONNECT','RESOURCE'.
After that, you can set quotas of tablespaces in which the user can create objects in.

--
Hui, Kwok Miu (Xu, Guo Miao)         E-Mail: huikomix_at_dt.com.hk
Assistant MIS Manager                Tel   : (00852)2589 3369