Re: Delete a BIG table.

From: Kevin Woolley <kjw1_at_stir.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/02/17

Kenneth Foo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Dose anybody know how to disable the ROLLBACK when you delete a BIG table ( I
> don't want to drop it) rather than giving you the error message
>
> Unable to extent rollback segment ......
>
> and I hope I can leave the existing rollback segment structure intact because
> this is only a temporally deleting a big table and I am pretty sure I don't
> need it to be rollbacked.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Ken
> Cheers

Don't use delete. Use truncate instead. This drops the tables data immediatly (but you can't then do a rollback).

* Kevin Woolley *              Visual Explorer             *
*               * 3D Landscape Visualization and Modelling *
*               * Home Page: http://www.woolleysoft.co.uk  *
*               * Email    : info_at_woolleysoft.co.uk        *