FAT or NTFS

From: Nigel Underwood <nigel_at_vnvi.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/16

Hi All,

Looking for some general opinions about Windows NT Oracle and in particular the disk format.

I've read from two different Oracle sources, two different opinions on the disk format. One article says that NTFS is bettter for Oracle database files whilst the other Oracle article says FAT is better. Which is the best one to use ?

I have only one shot at the server configuration before its shipped off to the customer so I need to get it right first time.

Thanks all.

Nigel. Received on Sun Feb 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CST