How to lock shared memory segments

From: Pierre Ostigny <postigny_at_cam.org>
Date: 1997/02/15

Hi,

Working with Oracle and HP-UX, i would like to pin (lock) the shared memory segememts owned by an Oracle instance. Since we can have many Oracle instances running on a machine and more than one SHM segments can be attached to an instance; my problem is how to lock all segments associated with an instance. I know we can have in ipcs -am the column CPID (creator pid) but when we check in the ps list the CPID is not listed. Then i presumed the creator pid ran and allocate the SHM and then pass SHM info to the parent but i don't have the parent pid of the CPID in ipcs list.

Is there a way to find the IPC key or Id related to an instance into one of the X$ tables?

Any help will be appreciated...
Please send your response to my email address.

Thanks.

--

Pierre Ostigny
Mailto:postigny_at_cam.org