Form locks up when query database

From: <scott_at_blueghost.npt.nuwc.navy.mil>
Date: 1997/02/14

We are running ORACLE 7 server under HP-UX. One of our forms has an embedded mini-graph, which should show a plot of the retrieved record's data (eg filter response).

When We first query the database from the form, it hangs up for (approximately) forever. I can see several processes named similar to the form we are using, and when I kill them, the data comes back and is properly displayed on the form.

However, the mini graph never displays its chart - the area remains blank.

Our server recently suffered a power failure, and that is when this started happening. We did shutdown and reboot the server several times, so there is no apparent problem with either the machine or the database.

I do notice one process named 'g20batm' that refuses to die or be killed. If this is related to the mini-graph, I cannot figure out what started it our how to kill it, much less why it persists.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Scott Daniels