Re: data modeling

From: Keystroke <keystrk_at_feist.com>
Date: 1997/02/14

In previous post hfs1+@pitt.edu wrote:

>Though we are all awe struck by Oracle, can anyone tell me why Oracle is
>better than Access or Rbase?

Comparing Oracle to Access is like comparing a Mack Truck to a go-cart. Both can get you where you want to go (where do you want to go today?). But one is a toy, and the other is for serious business commerce. One can handle one passenger, the other can handle many. One can carry a few pounds of cargo, the other can haul tons. One can travel at 35 mph and you can feel the wind in your hair, the other can move along down the highway at 90 mph and provides quadraphonic sterio and air conditioning.

Of course, if all you want to do is 'putter around in the yard' with your data, buy the go-cart solution (MS Access). But if you have serious intentions of being in the business of housing data for coprorate use, buy the Mack Truck solution (Oracle).

'Keystroke'
Jack L. Swayze Sr.
Keystrk_at_Feist.Com

2 Cor 4:3-4 But if our gospel be hid,
it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. Received on Fri Feb 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST