Import

From: Edwin Kessels <ekessels_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/02/13

Hello everyone,

I am now working as as Oracle DBA but I'm not already expierenced so maybe you can help me with the following question.

We got an operational Oracle database which I have exported to a file. On a test-network I installed Oracle Server 7.2 with the starters database. Now I want to import the Oracle operational Oracle database into the test-network. How can I do this.

Must I first create an new Instance with the same name as the imported Database. If I run the database without creating a new instance, I get a lot of errors on my screen like user does not exists and so on.

Further on are there document in which these kind of problems are discribed. Please send m a mail ekessels_at_xs4all.nl if you got something. Every little help is welcome.

Greetings
Edwin Kessels
The Hague, The Netherlands Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST