Re: MSAccess to update Oracle database ???

From: <davwoods_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: 1997/02/13

Jennifer Bragg wrote:

> What version of Access and Oracle are you using?
>
> We have just upgraded to Windows95, Oracle7.3 and Access 7.0. We can no
> longer link to or import Oracle tables from Access(which we could do in
> Windows 3.x, Access 2.0, and Oracle 7.1). We can see the tables but are
> unable to link to them.
>
> We can link to the Oracle tables through Excel and a third party package
> using the same ODBC drivers.
>
> Any ideas would be welcome.

Try this:
- open an new MS Access 7.0 database.
- when you have gotten thru the naming dialog to the 'name:Database' window with the Tables,Queries,Forms,.... tabs

good luck
Dave

PS. I don't remember modifying any options in MS Access but if any of the above doesn't work, try looking at them for something significant. Also, you obviously need data update permissions in your Oracle database. Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST