help: INTERNAL user now asking for password

From: Frank Barbarino <barbarin_at_hawking.westcon.prc.com>
Date: 1997/02/12

Got an Oracle Question for you: (just fyi this is Oracle 7.2.3.2 on HP-UX 9.07).
The internal user historically did not have a password. Last week it suddenly appeared with one and I couldn't restart the instance. I have since done a full re-install and re-import. Today the same thing happened - only this time the instance is still running (I just cant shut it down or restart after a re-boot) any clues as to why server manager is now asking for a password for the internal user. btw - I tried all the default ones - manager/oracle/system dba, etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Frank Barbarino
barbarin_at_hawking.westcon.prc.com
Litton PRC Received on Wed Feb 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST