Re: Enterprize mgr. or Platinum product

From: Scott Dravet <dravets_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/02/12

Claudio Roca wrote:

> KWIATKOWSKI LARRY wrote:
> >
> > I have been told that there is a product from platinum technology that
> > does everything that oracle enterprize manager does. Does anyone have
> > any data to support which product is better. Thanks
> I never used Enterprise but Tsreorg.
> TSreorg is very good.
> --
> RIFF(>
We are currently evaluating Platinum's DBVision product. It does a great job of monitoring an Oracle database. It also can archive performance information and provide alerting mechanisms. It works very well in a distributed environment. I have also been looking at the EPM performance pack from Oracle. It does not seem to be as robust as the Platinum product.

Scott Received on Wed Feb 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST