Re: v$sqltext

From: Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_bibip1.spam.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/12

Wes Riding wrote:

> I am using 7.0.16 and my documentation describes the dynamic view
> "V$SQLTEXT".
> However, I am unable to access (describe, select) this object as SYS.
> Is there a script that should exist to create the view?
> Should I not be able to see its base table?
> Is this object not supported under 7.0.16?

There were some problems with this view and also v$sess_io and v$instance in versions up to 7.2.1.

From SYS try doing :

create or replace view v_$instance as select * from v$instance; create public synonym v$instance for v_$instance;

This may fix it. It certainly solved the problems I had with v$instance.

The opinions expressed above have probably been pinched from somewhere else as I have none of my own.

Colin Polykett polyketc_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk CSO Open Systems ORACLE DBA Received on Wed Feb 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST