Re: 7.2 to 7.3 upgrade data dictionary problems

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

Chuck -

FWIW, when I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3 I received conflicting advice - one support analyst suggested I upgrade database objects, another said not to bother. Ultimately I did not, however, I got the feeling from the conversations that there might be a situation where it is advisable. I was never able to get specifics out of Ora*support, however.

Regards,
jh

"Chuck Bennett" <bennett_at_pcisys.net> wrote:

>I have recently upgraded an Oracle 7.2 to 7.3 and ran into a few snags.
>After the upgrade, all of my data dictionary views were gone. I ran
>catalog.sql
>and every thing seemed fine, no errors in the alert log etc. but some of my
>views, like user_tables do not show all of the tables that are really
>there.
>When I go into sql, I can select data out of the tables. These tables
>are also missing from the dba views. I have also ran catproc.sql
>but it did not help. Any thoughts...
>

> Chuck Bennett

Jared Hecker, CODBA       | Oracle  and Sybase Architect and DBA
jared_at_planet.net          | - consulting in the
76276.740_at_compuserve.com  |   NYC/NJ region - available now!