Re: SQL*Plus spooling problem

From: janet <janet-SPAM-BLOCK_at_telesph.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

Greg,

     If I understand correctly:
     you have, say, 150 rows of data.  you select *, spooling to a
file.
you end up with say 300 lines of data output.

     your data is too long for the line, so oracle starts a new line. add up your column sizes and a space between each column to get the row size, then set linesize greater than that.

     example: line is 90 bytes.
     SET LINESIZE 100
     select * from table;

HTH