Re: Performance degradation using packages?

From: M. Perrien <mperrien_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/02/11

Hugo,

I suggest you have a shared pool large enough to store your largest packages, and then pin them. By pinning I mean that large packages are kept in the library cache and are not aged out.

To accomplish this, the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package must be created by running dbmspool.sql in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory. After this is accomplished you may pin an object by the following:

EXECUTE dbms_shared_pool.keep('package_name');

and unpin by the following:

EXECUTE dbms_shared_pool.unkeep('package_name');

Give that a try and see if your performance improves, if not I would look at tuning the code within the package.

Good Luck,
Mike Perrien
Staff Consultant, OGS Southeast

>>These are my opinions and do not reflect those of my employer<<

Hugo B. Baake <hbbaake_at_pi.net> wrote in article <01bc1535$3fb35aa0$0988dc91_at_hugoathome>...