Re: disk i/o balancing - response

From: Steve Lemme <rp1399_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1997/02/10

The more I/O channels the better for larger systems. On my HP T500 200GB database I had the machine loaded with 18 I/O Channels. This way you can help direct the I/O of your application. Now if I can just find a tool to help me monitor 18 I/O channels realtime, and move I/O dynamically!

fF you consider an HP platform a K-series machine works quite well since you can have 3 I/O channels.

Steve Lemme
DBA
Motorola

--