Re: Running out of Tablespace

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/06

From original note >>
I am new to Oracle and have been experience the problem of running out of table space. Is there any type of notification feature that will alert me,
when my tablespace is dangeously low?
<<

Every experienced DBA has a set of queries to monitor space. Rather than give you prewritten queries to use I am going to suggest you look at:

sys.dba_extents, sys.dba_free_space, sys.dba_segments, and sys.dba_data_files.

After describing these dictionary views you should be able to create queries to calculate free space as a percentage of the tablespace or allocated space as a percentage of the tablespace as you prefer.

If you do a 'union' of dba_extents and dba_free_space order on file_id, block_id you can map a tablespace to see how everything fits.   Received on Thu Feb 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST