Am I running out of extents - Reply

From: <scheuric_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/02/06

You may be able to alleviate the problem of tablespace fragmentation by looking at tables. Another thing is to be sure that you are coalescing free space. You can try this command:

Alter session set events 'immediate trace name coalesce level &tsnum';

Thanks to This "Tip of the Week" comes from Ramaswami Ganeshan, rganeshan_at_ga.ptc.com, a senior
database administrator (DBA) at Parametric Technology Corporation in Waltham,Massachusetts. Oracle Magazine Interactive July 29, 1996.

You can also set your pctfree in your default table design to 1pct. This will force the coalescing of any free space. Hope this helps

Sheilah Scheurich
DBA
Dimension Systems Inc

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my company. Received on Thu Feb 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST