Re: Defrag Tablespaces and pctincrease 1

From: Vijay Vardhineni <vardhineni_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/02/06

Setting pctincrease for a tablespace (other than temporary tablespace, rollback segment tablespace) to a value greater than 0, makes SMON to coalesce the freespace frequently. If you set pctincrease value to 1, to reduce the fragmentation, it may be a good practice to explicitely specify the storage parameters (especially pct increase) for all the tables in that tablespace.

Pctincrease value for temporary and rollback segment tablespaces should be set to o.

--
Vijaya Kumar Vardhineni
Certified Oracle DBA, EDS

Scott T. Johnson <sjohnson_at_ibm.net> wrote in article
<01bc13b7$cdf54f00$454948a6_at_7l603>...