Oracle installation problem

From: Craig Sheppard <craigs_at_engr.mun.ca>
Date: 1997/02/04

I'm trying to get the TCL/TK extension OraTCL working. As far as I know no part of Oracle had ever been installed on this system before so I had to get the OCI libraries OraTCL needs myself. I've linked the extension to the OCI libraries and all the commands appear to be working. The problem seems to be when I try and actually connect to our Oracle server I get the error "login failed: invalid id/password or unable to connect to server" I know it's the right connect string so I'm guessing it's unable to connect.
I'm wondering what other software I need to install so OraTCL can find the server.

I don't know a lot about Oracle so any help or pointers to helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to run the OCI libraries from Oracle 7.0.16 on a Sparcstation 5 running SunOS 4.1

Thanks in advance,
Craig Sheppard

craigs_at_engr.mun.ca
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science Received on Tue Feb 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST