Re: cursor using select from subquery

From: <Solomon.Yakobson_at_entex.com>
Date: 1997/02/04

Starting 7.2 it is perfectly legal to use subquery in FROM clause both in SQL and PL/SQL. I have 7.3 and I am using it in a lot of my packages. I have many cursors declared similar as yours and they compile OK. There is a bug (bug# 433341) in PL/SQL (it is there since 7.2 and ORACLE still did not come up with a fix yet): when you reference PL/SQL variable in a FROM clause subquery it errors out with a
PLS-00320: the declaration of the type of this expression is incomplete or malformed.
It seems like not your case. What is the exact ORACLE error you are getting and what is the exact text of your stored procedure? ORACLE syntax errors are in many cases very tricky: e.g. SQL below is missing a comma between Z and Quot_Line_Item, although the error points to ( :

  select 1 from quote (select * from quote) Z Quote_Line_Item;

                      *

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

Solomon.Yakobson_at_entex.com