Upgrading from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95 / 32-Bit ODBC

From: J Gora <jgora_at_mars.superlink.net>
Date: 1997/02/04

Oracle Users:

I have a question that I hope someone can help me answer. Thanks in advance for your help.

I just upgraded a client PC running Windows for Workgroups to Windows 95. Prior to the upgrade, the client PC was configured as follows:

	ODBC 16-Bit drivers for MS & Oracle7
	SQLNet 2.1.4.1.4c
	TCPIP 2.1.4.1.3c

I was able to connect just fine. After the upgrade to Win95, I downloaded from Oracle's web site v. 1.13.5.0.4 Win95 ODBC drivers and installed. I cannot connect using the 32-Bit drivers. I am getting the following error:

	SQLSTATE S1000
	Native Error Code - 3121
	ORA-03121 No Driver Interface

The 16-Bit drivers still work, but I am unable to use them from any 32-bit apps like Excel 7.0. Do I need to upgrade SQLNet? Are there any other upgrade/installation steps that I missed?

Thanks again for your help.

Jeffrey Gora
jgora_at_mars.superlink.net
(201) 847-5624 Received on Tue Feb 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST