Temporary Tablespace

From: Lando <Markl_at_plant.pnwss.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

I just upgraded our DB to 7.3 and altered tablespace temporary_data to be temporary. Now, if I
understand the documentation correctly, temporary segments are supposed to be deallocated
in the temporary tablespace after completion of the statement causing the temporary segments
to be created. However, if I look at the amount of space used/free for the temporary tablespace
it appears if the temporary segments are not being deallocated or cleaned up. Right now, my
temporary TS is about 99% full with very little database activity. Is my interpretation of the documentation correct or am I missing something? Thanks for any info.

M.Landa Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST