Re: V7.0.16 and solaris 2.5.1 a good mix ?

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

Robert Born wrote:

> V7.0.16 is NOT certified by Oracle under Solaris 2.5.x. However, we
> have been running the RDBMS portion without any problems on both client
> and server environments for one application. We have never tried any of
> the Oracle toolset (Forms, Reports, etc.) with this combination. I
> would avoid this combination unless forced into it by circumstances
> beyond your control.
>
> Wang ZhenXI wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone have tried this combination before ?
> > I'm in the process of migrating over to from HP-UX to Solaris, oracle
> > seems to run fine with my test data on the Enterprise with solaris
> > 2.5.1.
> > (I'm using orasrv in V7.0.16 , no tnslnsr.) Still I'm quite reserved on
> > the ideal of putting the
> > system into production environment.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Wang ZhenXi

It should work in theory as 2.5.1 is just a patched version of 2.3 and 2.4. I know it is not supported by Oracle but have seen it running and all the tools working as well. You should keep in mind that 7.0.16 is really not supported anymore and putting it into production for this reason alone would make me scared. I would use 7.2.3 if you need the version 6 tools.

The only problem with using 7.2.3 and V6 tools such as forms30 and menu is that there is a bug that causes sql*net V2 to hang when a host command is issued. Although I am told that this will be resolved soon by support. Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST