Re: ORA-3113 - End of file on communcation channel error

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/03

In article <32f51ee3.241458099_at_news>, Andrew Betlehem <Andrew.Betlehem_at_ml.csiro.au> writes
>Last week, I started receiving the same error message - from SQL*Plus.
>I did track down the cause:
>I was using
> select function(x,y) from table;
>but 'function' was both an oracle stored procedure and the name of a
>field in 'table'. Changing the name of the stored procedure fixed the
>problem.
>

>This helped me, but it may have nothing to do with your problem.
>
>Andrew.Betlehem_at_marine.csiro.au

AFAIK, this message just means 'the server is no longer responding'. Last time we had it, it was because the server had run out of virtual memory, so the listener process had died. We got round it by increasing the size of the page file, then rebooting and restarting the instance (that was on Unix). Of course, this may not be your problem, but just in case it helps...

Paul Brewer Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST