Re: v$rollstat

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/03

From original note >>
I'm getting ORA-1555 errors for a load program I've written. It does commits often and is the only Oracle thing running. I'm just trying to understand what is going on but I don't understand the above columns and I can't find much on them in the manuals or the FAQ's. <<

wraps is the number of times the rollback segment has used all its allocated extents and gone back to overlay the first extent in the segment.

aveactive - 'current average size of active extents, where "active" extents have uncommitted transaction data.' The quotes are due to that this is straight from the manual

More importantly what message comes with ORA-01555?

If is unable to extend you may need more OS file space added to the rollback tablespace.

If it is 'max extents' you need either larger rollback segments or to increase the rollback segment maxextents parameter.

I could give you more consice advise if I could access my job site and AOL at the same time but this is from memory except for the quote. Received on Mon Feb 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST