Re: Calling C programs from stored procs/functions

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/02/02

You can check out PLEX found under downloadable utilities at http://govt.us.oracle.com. It will automate the process of doing this for you (allows you to more easily create your own application server that is callable from PL/SQL)...

On 30 Jan 1997 06:15:52 GMT, dmk42_at_aol.com (DMK42) wrote:

>Is it possible to invoke a C program from PL/SQL? In particular I'd like
>to call a C program from a stored proc. or function (V 7.1, soon to
>upgrade to 7.3), If possible I'd like to pass parameters to the program
>and get data back from it.
>
>If the program can't be called directly perhaps PL/SQL can invoke an OS
>command (AIX in my case) and run the program from the OS command line. Is
>this approach possible?
>
>I haven't been able to find anything on this in the Oracle documentaion or
>3rd party PL/SQL texts.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Don Kaskowitz
>Oracle DBA
>kaskow_at_vitek.com

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Sun Feb 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST