Re: Kerberos Authentication Adapter for Oracle

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/02/02

Allan Taunt wrote:

> From what I've read Oracle 7.3 has an option for a kerberos authentication
> adapter and there are kerberos authentication servers for NT (e.g. Cygnus
> KerbNet http://www.cygnus.com). Would I be correct is saying these
> components are the necessary ingredients for a secure, single login for NT
> and Oracle?
>
> Has anyone implemented NT or/and Oracle security based around kerberos
> authentication?
>
> Where will I find the kerberos authentication adapter for Oracle (is it
> part of the
> Advanced Networking Option)?

  It is a part of Advanced Networking Option. CyberSAFE Challenger is the kerberos-autheticated server. In advanced networking option, it supports directory service but I am not sure whether it supports for kerberos authenticaion adapter or not.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841