Re: JDBC / Corba / SQL-DB on one Box

From: Mark Lehrer <edge_at_mud.imperium.net>
Date: 1997/02/02

Joern Guy Suess <yogi_at_cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Is there a way to set up the system systems above using publicly
> available software, in such a way that they meet the criterium of
>
> - an SQL DB
> - JDBC access

Postgres95's JDBC drivers are somewhat primitive but functional; so Linux + Postgres + JavaPostgres-0.2 is one way to go; at least for a proof-of-concept prototype. I wouldn't use it for anything too complicated, though, since the JDBC classes are probably a bit fragile.

I do not know anything about Orbix, so I cannot comment on that. Received on Sun Feb 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST