JDBC / Corba / SQL-DB on one Box

From: Joern Guy Suess <yogi_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: 1997/02/01

Hallo!

As you can guess from the long mailing list, I've got a _really_ difficult problem to solve:

In the context of a project I am involved with, we are trying to tie together a few pieces of modern technology. It is about a

The trouble is finding a platform on which all (or most of it) could be running. This means a single computer should be able to run

What do we have?

One big problem is, that I do not see to clearly on the concept of ODBC. If it would be possible to run an ODBC service on any of the above two systems, the problem would be solved, because of the JDBC/ODBC-Bridge. But I gather, ODBC is strictly married to MS-products and dependent on its drivers.

So my question is:

Is there a way to set up the system systems above using publicly available software, in such a way that they meet the criterium of

???

Please answer PM

--
 OOOO    OOOO  OOOOOO     OOOOOO  OOOOO     **     **
  OOOO  OOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO OOO     ** ** ** **  (UNBEATABLE !!)