NT 4.0 TNS problem

From: <lally_at_mail.sep.bnl.gov>
Date: 1997/02/01

I downloaded the NT Workgroup server demo from www.oracle.com and got the starter orcl database up and running. My problem is I can't TNSPING the system from any other client. I can TNSPING remote servers from the new NT server which indicates to me that the TNS is working. The server manager shows the OracleTNS service is up and running.

Anyone know the secret of getting the listener to work for the NT 4.0 workgroup server? The error returned by tnsping on the client is: TNS-12451: TNS:no listener

Thanks in advance.
Keith Lally
lally_at_bnl.gov Received on Sat Feb 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST