Oracle Web Server2.0.1 for Windows NT: bug?

From: Michael A. Olivieri <pcepc01_at_connix.com>
Date: 1997/02/01

I think I've found a strange bug which can render this web server pretty much useless unless the web admin tells all the users about it. It seems that URLs are case-sensitive!

I was trying out my newly installed web server yesterday, put my old site in the right place, but could only get to certain sub-directories. At first, I couldn't get to /comments/index.html. I moved it to /comment/index.html, and that worked. I thought that it didn't like the word "comments" but finally I typed "COMMENTS" and it worked. When I created the directory, I capitalized it. I also
had links to /IMAGES/x.jpg which didn't work but /images/x.jpg did. The directory this time was in lower-case when I created it.

Has anyone else encountered this? Received on Sat Feb 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CST