Re: End if file communication channel...!!

From: Kelly Young <young_at_maricopa.edu>
Date: 1997/01/31

prab.athilat_at_fmr.com wrote:

> As Tim wrote, I had a similar problem a few months back which was still
> not resolved. In my case I was importing the db dump into our dev.
> server (Sun Sparc 20, 64 M , 8 Gig) running Oracle7.1.4. Half way thru .
> the import stopped with the above message & error. I finally tracked
> down the prob. at an index creation script. I tried to create this index
> from Sqlplus & Oracle logged me out with the above error. The same
> script worked fine on a diff. DB on the same server. Maybe there is
> unresloved bug somewhere...
> Prab Athilat
> prab.athilat_at_fmr.com

I also got End Of File On Communication Channel while doing an import on a SUN Spark (Oracle 7.0.16 I believe). I finally tracked the problem down to a package that was referencing an undefined sequence number. Once I defined the sequence number, the import worked. Received on Fri Jan 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CST