Re: Oracle Win3.1 Tools under NT 4.0

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/01/31

Michael Fleck wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to run Oracle Win3.1 Client Tools under NT 4.0.? I tried
> to install the tools, because Network Manager isn't available under NT
> tools. When I try to start the applications, I get an error stating that
> a DLL 'nmvrd.dll' isn't found. Also SQL Plus doesn't run, because
> 'nwcalls.dll' isn't found. I used the Oracle7 Server CD Version 7.3.2.2.0

You have client tools instaled in the directory, whitch is not known to your system.

Add its location (usualy C:\ORAWIN\BIN or something like that) to your system PATH variable (where you allready have path of your server part of Oracle - like C:\OraNT). You do this via CONTROL PANEL -> SYSTEM -> ENVIRONMENT -> PATH VARIABLE. Regards,

          Jure

 ! Jurij Modic                            Republic of Slovenia !
 !  tel: +386 61 178 55 14                Ministry of Finance  !
 !  fax: +386 61  21 45 84                Zupanciceva 3        !
 !  e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si  Ljubljana 1000       !