Re: Question: Oracle Server using RAID controller

From: Huet Bartels <Huet1_at_Mdx.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/01/31

Bo Lu <bo.lu_at_m.cc.utah.edu> wrote in article <32E8F170.5B28_at_m.cc.utah.edu>...
> Dale Rose wrote:
> >
> > Is there anyone running an Oracle Server using RAID controllers on a
> > Windows NT platform?
> >
> > Are there any tips/techniques that you could share with me.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dale Rose
> > drose.sunosg11_at_ccinet.ab.ca
> > SUNCOR OSG Inc.

We are running Oracle on nt 4.0 Workstation Service pack 2. Dual P166
196Mb Ram
DTP Raid 5 with 12Gb of disk space

No major problems.

We did find that the NT Server was slower than the workstation, before the paths were out
I have not try the server copy again on this box the workstation version is doing fine.

TTFN Huet Bartels
NetWare Support
Middlesex University Received on Fri Jan 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CST