Re: ORA-12154 without SQL*NET

From: John D. White <jdwhite_at_vnet.net>
Date: 1997/01/30

Oliver Belikan (ob_at_online.neurotec.de) wrote:
: I don´t use SQL*NET or TNS. Just connect to an database with the Server
: Manager. I read, that i have to input the name of the database into the
: field "Servicename", but ORA-12154 occur.
: The file "tnsnames.ora" isn´t existend on the machine.
:
: > I attempt to login with Server Manager an become an Error:
: >
: > ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name
: >
: > Whats wrong, how can i solve the problem ?
: >
: >
: >
: >

You must install SQL*NET and a protocol adapter. Configure and start a listener
put sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora files in $ORACLE_HOME\network\admin

--
John D.(JD) White Oracle Client/Server Consultant
Inventor of the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM)