Re: VLDB Backup Solutions

From: Odd Harry Ophaug <odop_at_osl.ifsab.se>
Date: 1997/01/30

Raymond Smith wrote:

> I am beginning a project to evaluate Oracle Backup Tools including the
> tape software and hardware. We will eventually (end of 98) need to
> backup 1-2 TB of data in a 2-3 hour time span. Is there anyone who has
> already done this? Anyone using Spectra Logic? Anyone using
> SQL*Backtrack? Anyone using AXXiON-NetBackup? .....

Hi.

In the February issue of Digital's inform magazine (the european edition), there's an article describing a hot backup solution capable of backing up 500GB per hour.
The hardware/software involved:
Digital AlphaServer 8400 5/300 (VLM64)
OpenVision AXXiON NetBackup
StorageTek RedWood SD-3 Helical Tape
Oracle Enterprise Backup Manager

Odd Harry Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST