Re: Increasing Redo Log Files

From: Sylvie Bérubé <sberube_at_cam.org>
Date: 1997/01/30

TAUPIN Olivier wrote:

> Can somebody explain me who I can increase the size of my redo log files.
>
> Oracle 7.1.6 on HPuX9.
>
> Thanks for help
>
> Please mail at : odaxystec1_at_ystel.fr
>
> Olivier.

Olivier,

  1. Just create new log file groups with the new right size.
  2. Force logswitch until you get the new log group to be the active one.
  3. Force checkpoint.
  4. If running in archivelog mode, wait for archiver to finish archiving old group then drop old log file groups.
  5. If not running in archivelog mode, drop old archive log groups.
  6. Don't forget to add new groups or members if needed.

Sylvie Bérubé
sberube_at_cam.org Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST