Re: Oracle tuning on Windows NT

From: Programming <sysdev_at_mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/01/30

Perhaps a useless comment.

We use Uniface (Windows) on Oracle (7.2.3) on AIX. When Uniface generates the script to create table, it also creates a large package to go along with it.

Uniface will run without the packages, but it is looking for them. The packages are concerned with I/O, and are supposed to increase performance. I however, have not seen significant differences in performance without the packages.

Rodger Lepinsky
ADP Systems Partnership
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Received on Thu Jan 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST