Re: what os?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/01/29

blacula wrote:

> I am just doing some research on Oracle, and when I began, I thought oracle
> was an unix only databasing system. Now, after reading, I am seeing that
> oracle runs under both novell and NT.
>
> Are these os's using NFS or does oracle capable of running on these os's
> natively?
> If the os runs it natively, does this require extra learing on Oracle --
> above and beyond learning the os?

  You can use NFS or these os's natively. Besides Unix, the platforms include Unix, VMS, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT ...

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841