Re: Lest we forget

From: <tdrudy_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/29

Steve,

        Respectfully, that depends on the OS and the hardware. 70% in NT, Solaris, HPUX, DGUX, Win95...??? 70% on a Sun Enterprise 6000 with 1 Gig RAM or 14 Gigs RAM? On a SMP machine or single processor? With processors at 50Mhz or 167Mhz or Pentium Pros? RISC 6000 machines? RAID level 1 or 5 or no RAID? What kind of microcode has the OS been tweaked with, if any? Has it been tuned for a solely rdbms app (which can be done)? This is by no means a slam, but I'd like to hear from other Oracle dba's who are also Systems Administrators and Systems Engineers with assembler and OS experience.

                        Tom