Re: Lest we forget

From: Roger Snowden <rsnowden_at_IHateSpam.com>
Date: 1997/01/29

Good points. Don't forget, however, that most of the performance issues for the typical transaction processing client/server system are application related. Like, runaway queries, full table scans, cartesian joins, non-selective indices, etc. Sometimes we get all caught up in the intrigue of OS and server tuning when the real problem is all the crap we are throwing at the engine to begin with.

Just a thought. Received on Wed Jan 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST