Re: Size of datafiles - performance impact?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/29

In article <32ED600E.3B90_at_dt.com.hk>, Komix Hui <huikomix_at_dt.com.hk> writes
>Andy Hardy wrote:

 , does the size of my datafiles have an impact on Oracle itself
>> e.g. can it handle many-smaller datafiles easier than fewer-larger ones?
>
>As Oracle suggests, larger size of datafiles will obtain better
>performance
>in general, and less fragmentation.
>
>Hui, Kwok Miu (Xu, Guo Miao) E-Mail: huikomix_at_dt.com.hk
>Assistant MIS Manager Tel : (00852)2589 3369
>Cho Yang (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. Fax : (00852)2559 3049

Thanks you all for your replies - from the above reply I'll stick to the large datafiles.

Andy
P.S Miracle of miracles, my ISP news backlog is down to 3 hours!

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request

Conversation, n.:
        A vocal competition in which the one who is catching his breath is
        called the listener.