Parallel Query Option

From: Atul Ashar <Atul_Ashar_at_ccmail.bms.com>
Date: 1997/01/28

Hi,

I need some info about spreading tables across different datafiles of a tablespace to reduce contention.

Our tablespaces are spread across three different devices (i.e. each tablespace has a file on each device). I would like to spread all tables across all the devices so that each process of parallel query option will read different datafiles.

We are using 7.3.2 on HP-9000, 4 CPUs and data are loaded using SQL*Loader.

Any help will be appreciated,

Atul Ashar Received on Tue Jan 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST