Re: "two-task fatal error"

From: Laurie Kirsh <lkirsh_at_itsc.org>
Date: 1997/01/28

First question I have is, what exactly caused the error? Second, what operating system is the server on? How many processors/controllers and how much memory on the computer (also the size of the HD)? What is the size of your database? Is this a production or development DB?

Next...version 7.1 of Oracle Workgroup Server is known to be very very buggy. I am currently working with Oracle WGS 7.1.3.3.3 on NT 3.51. It is running o.k., but my project is moving from prototype to pilot stage and I am more confident in using the 7.3.2.2.1 version for several reasons. The main reason being that most of the bugs have been worked out (and 7.3 is more friendly with NT).

My suggestion is to do a better upgrade not to 7.1.3.3.24...but to 7.3.2.2.1 or later. The upgrade is free if you have any level of support...bronze, silver or gold. Additionally, I would try to get in touch with someone in technical support there and discuss it again...DO NOT let them off the phone...make them stay on...they are obligated to help you and are not aloud to get off until you say it is okay...make them recreate the problem you have and walk through it with you.

hope that is somewhat helpful,
Laurie

--

| Laurie J. Kirsh                     | Integration Systems Analyst |

Kochis <djkochis_at_sgi.net> wrote in article
<01bc0c91$2ece6240$33b697ce_at_Pitt>...