Re: MOVE DATAFILE SCO UNIX possible ?

From: tvaresh <tvaresh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/01/28

Erik,

  You can change the location of the datafile by re-creating the controlfile. After connecting internal, type "alter database backup controlfile to trace". Exit and cd to the trace directory. Your latest trace file will be a script that you can run to re-create the controlfiles.  Shutdown and backup the database, move the datafile to the new location, modify the trace file/script so that the entry regarding the datafile reflects the new path, then connect internal and start the modified trace file. This will recreate your controlfiles, modifying the path to the moved datafile. Backups before AND AFTER are important.

Steve

Erik Oosterling <Oosterling_at_compuserve.com> wrote in article <32ec5949.1103399_at_news.xs4all.nl>...