Re: ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 1997/01/28

This error generally indicates one of three conditions. 1) The service name specified is not defined in your TNSNAMES.ORA file. 2) Your TNSNAMES.ORA file is not in the proper location; which is system dependent.
3) There are syntax errors in your TNSNAMES.ORA file. Be sure to use either Network Manager or EasyConfig to build your TNSNAMES.ORA.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Oracle and OracleRdb Database Administrator

Oliver Belikan <ob_at_online.neurotec.de> wrote in article
<01bc0d32$fb5663c0$7d64a8c0_at_OliverB.intern.online.neurotec.de>...