Re: Concurrency question.

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/01/27

Bryan Dollery wrote:

> I am writting an app that will log into oracle upto 100 times
> concurrently using the same username/password/instance. If all of these
> instances were to attempt to write to the same table simultaneously will
> Oracle handle it.
>
> I know that Oracle provides row level locking, but I wouldn't be
> accessing the same row concurrently. I am not shure anyway if this
> locking occurs between different users, rather than the same user
> multiple times.
>
> Bryan

The scope of locking is SESSION, so it makes no difference if 100 different users are connected to the database or one user makes 100 simultaneous connections.

In both cases there will be 100 sessions opened and Oracle will handle appropriately.

Regards, Jure

 ! Jurij Modic                            Republic of Slovenia !
 !  tel: +386 61 178 55 14                Ministry of Finance  !
 !  fax: +386 61  21 45 84                Zupanciceva 3        !
 !  e-mail: jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si  Ljubljana 1000       !