Re: Concurrency question.

From: Komix Hui <huikomix_at_dt.com.hk>
Date: 1997/01/27

Bryan Dollery wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am writting an app that will log into oracle upto 100 times
> concurrently using the same username/password/instance. If all of these
> instances were to attempt to write to the same table simultaneously will
> Oracle handle it.
>
> (The app is running on a multi-processor machine, so the concurrency is
> real.)
>
> I know that Oracle provides row level locking, but I wouldn't be
> accessing the same row concurrently. I am not shure anyway if this
> locking occurs between different users, rather than the same user
> multiple times.

As long as your application handles lock on that table correctly and you have
enough licenses, you can run your application against the same ORAClE instance.

If your application will run on a multi-process machine, it will be better
to configure the oracle running in parallel server option, and to set up multiple instances against ONE database.

--
Hui, Kwok Miu (Xu, Guo Miao)         E-Mail: huikomix_at_dt.com.hk
Assistant MIS Manager                Tel   : (00852)2589 3369