Re: Can VIEWs be REPLICATED

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/26

In article <32E544F3.124B_at_pp.kolumbus.fi>, Pauli Salmu <pauli.salmu_at_pp.kolumbus.fi> writes
>Andy Hardy wrote:
>> We're looking at using the Oracle database replication facilities and
>> are wondering if it is possible to replicate views in the same ways as
>> tables.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
>Sorry, but that leads to wonder whether you understand that a view
>doesn't store any data, it's only a definition.
Pauli,

I understand about views, but not how Oracle stores them and relates them to replicated tables.

I've now been informed that if the tables underlying a view are replicated, then so to will be the views.

Andy
Andy Hardy (Internet: aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk, CIS: 100015,2603) PGP key available on request

Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete than expected. Carefully planned projects take four times longer to complete than expected, mostly because the planners expect their planning to reduce the time it takes. Received on Sun Jan 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST