Re: Exporting large (>8 gig) database in UNIX?

From: Tim Nimmo <nimmo_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1997/01/26

John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com> wrote in article <32E95CE7.1B9_at_deere.com>...
> Susan Brunkow wrote:
> >
> > Don't assume that it won't fit without actually trying it.
> > Although we have several GB of datafiles,
> > my full export still fits into a 1.5 GB
> > export file.
> >
> > Sue B
> >
> > >: >What is the best way to do a full export on an ORACLE database on
> > >: >UNIX?
> > >: >The current file size limit on the version we are using is
 2Gigabytes
> > >: >and I estimate the database will be 8 Gig in size.
> > --
> >
> > Sue Brunkow brunkow_at_brooktree.com
> > Brooktree Corp (619) 535-3231
> > San Diego, CA
> Now that you are getting into serious databases, why do you want to do
> an export?
> --
> John P. Higgins Voice: (309)765-4481
> Deere & Company Fax: (309)765-5168
> John Deere Road Internet: jh33378_at_deere.com
> Moline, IL 61265 Opinions: My Own

So tell me, John. How will you restore that 5 million row table that I "accidently" dropped a few minutes ago becuase the developer gave me bad instructions? Archivelog doesn't help much unless everything in the database can be rolled back to now-10 minutes. Not many active production databases allow that. <g>

Tim Nimmo... Received on Sun Jan 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST